A Reliable Criminal Defense Legal Team in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Diligent representation to protect your constitutional rights
In any criminal case, the burden of proof rests on the prosecution. No matter what, prosecutors must demonstrate, beyond a reasonable doubt, that you were guilty of committing the crime in question. At McCarter, Catron & East, PLLC, we represent individuals accused of many different types of crimes across the Murfreesboro area, meticulously breaking down the case against you and questioning evidence at all turns. For a progressive, forward-thinking and creative lawyer who works diligently for you, consult our respected legal team right away. With so much at stake, it’s critical to work with a criminal defense attorney who defends you with unmatched determination.
Representation for a wide range of misdemeanor and felony charges
If you’ve been accused of a crime, it is vital to consult a criminal defense attorney before you speak with police officers or prosecutors. Anything you say may be used against you in court, and a lawyer will help you understand your legal options and the best steps moving forward. At McCarter, Catron & East, we assist with the following types of criminal charges:
- Assault and battery. These crimes entail an individual doing or attempting to do harm to another person, whether it’s through physical force or threats. Sexual assault is one of the most common issues we deal with at our firm.
- DUI/DWI. A drunk driving conviction may result in jail time, large fines and a suspended driver license. An attorney can help you seek reduced or dismissed charges, particularly by questioning the tactics of law enforcement during your arrest.
- Drug crimes. Tennessee law includes harsh penalties for drug crimes, even for the possession of small amounts of marijuana. Our lawyers represent people accused of drug charges like possession, distribution, manufacturing and trafficking.
- Burglary and theft. These crimes are similar, although there are some key differences. Generally, theft is the taking of property that belongs to someone else, and robbery is committing an act of theft while using physical force or threats.
- Fraud. Fraud, a type of white collar crime, includes writing bad checks, investment fraud, embezzlement and tax evasion.
- Parole violations. The terms of parole can be confusing, and many individuals end up violating these terms accidentally. A skilled attorney helps you understand the process and represents you if you’re accused of violating parole.
- Weapons crimes. In Tennessee, you may face felony charges for using a weapon in a certain way, including to threaten or harass another person. You may also face charges for possessing a certain type of firearm, such as an illegal assault rifle.
- Traffic violations. Common traffic violations in the Murfreesboro area include operating a vehicle with excessive speed, reckless driving, drunk driving and failure to yield.
Consult an experienced criminal defense attorney in Murfreesboro
If you’ve been accused of a crime in Rutherford County or the surrounding area, set up a free initial consultation with McCarter, Catron & East, PLLC by calling 615-278-9016 or by contacting us online. Our team serves individuals facing criminal charges in Murfreesboro and across central Tennessee.