Skilled Personal Injury Lawyers Help with a Variety of Cases in Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Responsive legal guidance after you or a loved one experience a serious accident
If you or someone close to you has been in an accident caused by another party’s negligence or recklessness, it may be necessary to seek compensation to cover medical bills, lost wages and other expenses. The experienced Murfreesboro personal injury attorneys at McCarter, Catron & East, PLLC are passionate about fighting for the rights of injured people in our community. We can use our skills to investigate your accident, determine fault and take action on your behalf. Whether this means negotiating with the insurance company or taking your case to court, we work hard to get you the best result possible.
The most common personal injury issues
Personal injuries may occur due to a number of different actions, but they are often preventable. The following are some of the most common causes of personal injuries in Tennessee:
- Auto accidents. Motor vehicle crashes may cause serious injuries and property damage, and it’s important to hold negligent drivers accountable for these accidents.
- Animal attacks. Dog owners have a responsibility to keep others safe from their animals, particularly when it comes to dog bites. Owners must obey leash laws and confine their animals if they present a danger.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors, nurses and other healthcare professionals must provide a certain standard of care to patients. Common instances of medical malpractice include surgical errors, misdiagnoses, delayed diagnoses, prescription errors and nursing home neglect.
- Slip and fall injuries. Injuries that occur on public or private property fall under the category of premises liability. Property owners, particularly businesses, must keep their premises reasonably safe for visitors and customers.
- Workplace accidents. Construction accidents may leave a person unable to work and earn an income for long periods of time. It may be necessary to work with an attorney to pursue the workers’ compensation benefits you need and deserve as you focus on recovery.
- Head and spinal cord injuries. These injuries are particularly hazardous and may result in catastrophic or long-lasting medical conditions. Spinal cord and head injuries are often caused by auto accidents, sports accidents, slip and fall accidents, workplace accidents and violent acts.
If your loved one has died due to someone else’s negligence or recklessness, you may need to pursue a wrongful death claim to cover medical bills and funeral expenses and to compensate you for emotional pain and suffering and the loss of companionship.
Why should you work with a personal injury lawyer?
There are a number of important benefits provided by working with a capable personal injury attorney at McCarter, Catron & East, including the following:
- Determining types of damages and claims. We tailor our approach to your case based on the specific circumstances of the situation. A skilled attorney knows how to assess different types of damages and the compensation to which you may be entitled.
- Proving negligence. This is the linchpin of any personal injury claim. You must prove that the injuries suffered are the direct result of a negligent act — and that the defendant performed that act. This can be difficult, which is why you need an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Negotiating with insurance companies. Too often, victims accept insurance settlements without consulting an attorney, only to find out later that the offer doesn’t cover all their expenses. Don’t accept any offers until you speak with an injury lawyer.
Speak with a knowledgeable personal injury attorney right away
Immediately after an injury, it’s important to speak with a trusted lawyer to explore your options for receiving compensation. Set up a free initial consultation with McCarter, Catron & East, PLLC today by calling 615-278-9016 or by contacting us online. From our office in Murfreesboro, we work with individuals and families across Rutherford County and the surrounding areas.