101 N Maple St, Murfreesboro, TN 37130


Recent Blog Posts

Can You Sue a Construction Company for an Injury on a Job Site?

The construction industry regularly ranks among the most dangerous in the United States. Injuries and fatalities are an unfortunate reality in the field. Most injuries result in workers’ compensation claims, with the affected party receiving benefits through the employer’s workers’ compensation insurance policy. In some circumstances, however, an injured worker may file a personal injury […]

How to Convert an LLC to a Corporation

As your company grows and evolves, you may find it beneficial to convert from a limited liability company (LLC) to a corporation. The details of how you would accomplish this depend on your situation and the type of business you operate. However, Tennessee’s conversion statute provides you with some general guidelines to facilitate the process. […]

Can You Sue Your Employer for Not Paying Overtime Wages?

The Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) requires that employers pay eligible employees time-and-a-half overtime pay (150 percent of their standard hourly wage) for each hour they work beyond a 40-hour work-week. Most employers in the United States are covered by the FLSA, but not every employee of a covered employer is entitled to overtime. Therefore, […]

What Part of Your Personal Injury Settlement Can Your Spouse Claim in a Tennessee Divorce?

If you have received a substantial damage award or settlement for a personal injury, and you are going through a divorce, you should be aware that part of your recovery is considered marital property, subject to equitable distribution, while part is treated as separate property. How much you are able to keep depends on how […]

How Is Property Divided in a Tennessee Divorce?

Tennessee is an equitable distribution state, which means the court attempts to divide marital property in a manner that is fair, but not necessarily equal. The process from 2010 Tennessee Code §36-4-121 follows these steps: Disclosure — Each spouse must make a complete disclosure of all assets and debt under their control. At this stage, […]

How to Get an Uncontested Divorce in Tennessee

Many people think that if a couple agrees to get a divorce, the matter is uncontested. That’s far from the truth, because there is plenty of room for disagreement on the ancillary issues of divorce: child custody, child support, alimony, and property division. A divorce is uncontested only when the spouses present a marital settlement […]

What to Do If Your Ex Interferes With Your Parenting Time

Many noncustodial parents run into trouble after their divorce when the custodial parent fails to cooperate fully with the visitation order. The problem can start subtly: your child isn’t quite ready for your time together. Or the drop-offs get progressively late. Then you get abrupt cancelations because your child “isn’t feeling well.” or “something came […]

When Is a Custodial Parent Permitted to Relocate with a Child?

Divorced parents often have to confront changes in their lives that threaten the parenting plan the court has approved. A very serious issue arises when a parent who has custody wants to move with the child. If the move involves a great enough distance that substantially affects the other parent’s custody or visitation, the court […]

Same-Sex Divorce Poses Child Custody Questions Under Tennessee Law

A case working its way through the Tennessee courts will likely set precedent for the way child custody cases are handled in same-sex divorces. The question in the case is whether a spouse in a legal same-sex marriage is the parent of a child conceived by her partner via artificial insemination from an anonymous sperm […]

What the Defend Trade Secrets Act Requires Your HR Department to Do

Every company wants to be able to defend its trade secrets to maintain a competitive edge. The new federal Defend Trade Secrets Act (DTSA) creates an additional deterrent to trade secret theft by allowing companies to recover exemplary damages and attorney fees from former employees who misappropriate trade secrets. However, a company is only eligible […]


Contact Form

We will respond to your inquiry in a timely fashion. Thank you.

Quick Contact Form