An accident involving serious injuries can happen to anyone at any time. Car accidents, slips and falls, work-related injuries, even animal attacks can strike when we least expect them, and result in long-term ramifications:
- Injuries can render a personal injury victim unable to work or engage in favorite activities.
- The victim of an injury may suffer severe psychological damage, such as post-traumatic stress disorder, anxiety, and depression.
- Personal property may be destroyed or damaged in an accident.
- Injuries can require expensive medical care and rehabilitation, often for long periods of time.
But there is hope. If you or a loved one suffered a personal injury in an accident, and that accident was the result of negligence by another person or company, then the negligent party may be legally required to compensate you for lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering, and other damages. If your case occurred in the state of Tennessee, contact a Murfreesboro personal injury attorney at McCarter, Catron & East, PLLC today. We can help you receive the fair and just compensation you deserve.
Types of personal injury cases
Contact an experienced personal injury attorney as soon as possible if you or a loved one suffers injury from any of the following incidents:
- Animal attack
- Motor vehicle accident—whether you are the driver, passenger, or pedestrian
- Construction or workplace accident
- Slip and fall
- A commercial, hotel, motel, or resort accident
- Wrongful death
- Head/Spinal Injuries
How can a Murfreesboro injury law firm help me?
All too often, injuries can affect victims for the rest of their lives, and in ways that far exceed physical pain and rehabilitation. Victims and their families may experience serious emotional issues and major adjustments to their lifestyle.
A capable personal injury lawyer can do a number of things to help injury victims and their families, including:
- Determine the types of damages and claims that apply to a particular case. For example, spouses may be entitled to sue for loss of consortium in the wake of an accident that renders their loved one incapable of intercourse.
- Prove negligence. This is the lynchpin of any personal injury case: proving that the injuries suffered by the victim or victims are the direct result of a negligent act, and that the negligent act was performed by the defendant. This can be exceptionally difficult, and is a task best left to an experienced Murfreesboro personal injury lawyer.
- Negotiate with insurance companies. Victims often accept settlements without consulting an attorney, not realizing the offer may not cover all their expenses. Always contact an experienced personal injury attorney before accepting any insurance settlement.
Contact our Murfreesboro personal injury law firm
The Murfreesboro, Tennessee attorneys of McCarter, Catron & East are available at 615-278-9016 to speak with you regarding any legal issue, including personal injury, divorce law, family, business, or construction law. You can also use our email form and contact us today for a free initial consultation.